The equivalent circuit of a longitudinal slot in the broad wall of a rectangular waveguide consists of a T-network whose series impedances and shunt admittance depend on the slot offset, the slot length and frequency. This model is rigorous, thus very wide band. The model extraction is performed with a full-wave analysis in order to account for a number of details such as: dielectric filling of the waveguide, waveguide wall thickness, rounded edge of the slot, presence of a radome, etc.
Slot Model module main features are:
- Rigorous wide-band model of the single radiating slot (Full-Wave)
- Customizable waveguide dimensions
- Dielectric filling of the waveguide
- SIW technology is supported
- Presence of a radome (multilayer dielectric sheets over the slot)
- Rounded edges of the slot